Discovered a breach? Here's what to do. Call Us
If you notice a cybersecurity breach in your company, it is important to act quickly and responsibly to minimize the potential damage. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Contain the breach: Isolate the affected systems and devices to prevent the spread of the breach.
- Assess the situation: Determine the scope of the breach, including which systems and data have been affected.
- Notify the appropriate parties: Inform your IT department and any relevant senior management personnel, as well as any regulatory or legal authorities if required.
- Preserve evidence: Document the details of the breach, including the time and date, the nature of the breach, and the systems and data that have been affected.
- Remove the breach: Take the necessary steps to remove the cause of the breach and restore the affected systems and data to a secure state.
- Review and update security measures: Conduct a review of your current security measures and make any necessary updates to prevent future breaches.
- Communicate with stakeholders: Keep all relevant parties informed of the situation and the steps being taken to resolve the issue.